Quinn has been working as a research associate with the BLINC lab since completing her MSc in Biomedical Engineering under the supervision of Dr. Jacqueline Hebert in the winter of 2019. Before beginning her MSc program, Quinn also worked for a year as a research assistant with Dr. Hebert and a team of interdisciplinary researchers on the Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Hand Proprioception and Touch Interfaces (HAPTIX) project. Prior to her involvement with the BLINC lab, Quinn completed a BSc in Mechanical Engineering with a Biomedical Option. Throughout her bachelor’s degree Quinn contributed to a number of research projects, including working as an undergraduate research assistant at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital.
Quinn’s work at the BLINC lab primarily focuses on developing protocols and software for novel assessments of advanced prosthetic limbs.
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A. Boser, M. R. Dawson, J. S. Schofield, G. Y. Dziwenko, and J. S. Hebert, “Defining the Design Requirements for an Assistive Powered Hand Exoskeleton,” Prosthetics & Orthotics International (submitted)
- M. Valevicius, Q. A. Boser, C. S. Chapman, M. Pilarski, A. H. Vette, and J. S. Hebert, “Compensatory strategies of body-powered prosthesis users reveal primary reliance on trunk motion and relation to skill level,” Clinical Biomechanics, vol. 72, pp. 122–129, 2020.
- M. Valevicius, Q. A. Boser, E. B. Lavoie, C. S. Chapman, M. Pilarski, J. S. Hebert, and A. H. Vette, “Characterization of normative angular joint kinematics during two functional upper limb tasks,” Gait and Posture, vol. 69, pp. 176–186, 2019.
- A. Boser, A. M. Valevicius, E. B. Lavoie, C. S. Chapman, P. M. Pilarski, J. S. Hebert, and A. H. Vette, “Cluster-based upper body marker models for three-dimensional kinematic analysis : Comparison with an anatomical model and reliability analysis,” Journal of Biomechanics, vol. 72, pp. 228–234, 2018.
- M. Valevicius, Q. A. Boser, E. B. Lavoie, G. S. Murgatroyd, M. Pilarski, C. S. Chapman, A. H. Vette, and J. S. Hebert, “Characterization of normative hand movements during two functional upper limb tasks,” PLoS One, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1–21, 2018.
- B. Lavoie, A. M. Valevicius, Q. A. Boser, A. H. Vette, P. M. Pilarski, J. S. Hebert, and C. S. Chapman, “Using synchronized eye and motion tracking to determine high-precision eye-movement patterns during object- interaction tasks,” Journal of Vision, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1–20, 2018.
- D. Williams, Q. A. Boser, A. S. Kumawat, K. Agarwal, H. Rouhani, and A. H. Vette, “Design and Evaluation of an Instrumented Wobble Board for Assessing and Training Dynamic Seated Balance,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, vol. 140 no. 4, pp. 1-10, 2018.
Photo credit Grace Hamm